Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today was, surprisingly, pretty fun.

Started with Philo, and I had fun asking Mr Funelas inane questions such as "But isn't there an unqualified generalisation in a hasty generalisation?" and having Yvonne rebut me. In the end Xinyuan clarified by saying that if the premise for the hasty generalisation is taken away, it becomes an unqualified generalisation.

Therefore:

"Sharks eat laksa with hum." --> Unqualified Generalisation
"I saw a shark eat laksa with hum the other day at the hawker centre. Therefore I can conclude that all sharks eat laksa with hum." --> Hasty Generalisation

Excellent. I am so glad I'm not in PEP. I can just imagine the look on Mr Funelas' face if I told him that.

Next was Bio. We had this experiment where we were supposed to test the effects of osmosis by putting shelless, previously-treated-with-vinegar eggs in either corn syrup or water. The eggs resembled tiny water balloons with yolks inside.

All the eggs looked alike, so to differentiate them while weighing, LeeVoon and I named our eggs. The egg which went into the water was called Brown-Dot, the corn syrup egg was nicknamed Long-Body and the control egg was named... Normal.

After the experiment (when it was duly proved, to nobody's surprise, that the corn syrup egg weighed less after the experiment and the water egg weighed more), Xinyuan had a flash of inspiration after seeing Yvonne accidentally burst her egg all over herself. She decided to squeeze an egg over the dustbin at my bench, and the egg duly exploded...

and the contents went onto my TOFU. (The soft cuddly type from Action City, not a real tofu.) Lolol.

Physics was mind-numbingly boring. I stoned through the whole thing. Yawnnnn.

I ate last night's leftovers for recess. :D MY DINNER LEFTOVERS STILL PWN SCHOOL FOOD HAH.

Math next! Very fun, only because my Denise, LeeVoon and I weren't even bothering to pay attention. Math quizzes 1 and 2 were okayish. Careless mistakes sheesh. I didn't get what the teacher was saying the whole lesson, but I've given up trying. Shall just ask my uncle during reunion dinner on Monday, since we're not having tuition on Sunday because I'm seeing him on Monday anyway.

RS block was spent slacking off in the control room. Xinyuan and I had a strength contest, followed by my valiant attempt to knock Xinyuan off her chair. (I couldn't. Fine. Whateverrr)

Erm.

Then I borrowed Order of the Phoenix from the library and went home. Yay.

My life is so interesting, isn't it?
Disclaimer

Be offended if you want by my writings; it's your blood pressure, not mine. (:





your mirror

sixteen. 12A01B; formerly a chopstick. ex-coralite, ex-riverlite, ex-rosythian and now a rafflesian.
member of rgsrcy&aikirinashi; love always
and rgavpa - girls in black.

hobo. part-time PUSSian. forever a sexysixfifteener <3


sticks and stones



and the lights dim

© Layout by Tracy.
Amanda
Alicia
Anabelle
Audrey
Bernice
Celine
Cheng Jing
Cheryl
Clare
Cloudy+Josh
Dawn
Dawn
Dawne
Denise
Germaine
Gloria
Grace
Gregory
Huiran
Janne
Jarrad
Jingjie
Jingyi
Joie
Joseph
Justin
Karen
Leevoon
Lingzhi
Munirah
Rachel
Rach
Rohan
Russell
Ruth
Sherry
Sindhu
Verna
Victoria
Wesley
Xinyuan
Yirong

CAPpers'08
SOS: CAP'08
Yearblog
AVbatch'10!
6-14/6-15 2006
113 '07
212 '08
311 '09
----
» February 2008
» March 2008
» April 2008
» May 2008
» June 2008
» July 2008
» August 2008
» September 2008
» October 2008
» November 2008
» December 2008
» January 2009
» February 2009
» March 2009
» April 2009
» May 2009
» June 2009
» July 2009
» August 2009
» September 2009
» October 2009
» November 2009
» December 2009
» January 2010
» February 2010
» March 2010
» April 2010
» May 2010
» June 2010
» July 2010
» August 2010
» September 2010
» October 2010
» November 2010
» December 2010
» January 2011
» February 2011
» April 2011
» May 2011