Friday, January 23, 2009
CNY celebrations today!
PE first thing in the morning was...sian. We ran 6 rounds (actually 5, because Shawna discounted 2 half-rounds from it) around the tiny Parade Square, barely breaking into a sweat at the end of it. Then we played Virus or something. Vic sneaked up on me in the end, sigh.
RALA next. It was awesomeeeee :D I think I'm going to love oddweek Friday RALA from now on because it's 1 1/2 hours long. We could always ask for RALA to extend till after recess, and I'd have an extra half hour of RALA in the cool Jblock classroom over the crowded, noisy canteen anytime.
Poor Dr Sakhar. I hope for his sake that he likes talking to us as much as we like listening to him.
WE MIGHT SET UP A CLASS LIBRARY, WOOHOO! With Dr Sakhar as the main contributor :D
And he said some stuff in class today that I think Xinyuan would have been really interested in, but too bad she left 20mins into class for CNY concert.
On the flip side, I didn't eat anything from 6am to 8.45pm today, just drank 1 cup of Milo, one bottle of water and a packet of lemon tea. I pwnzzzz.
Some of us needed to change since we rushed to RALA from PE, but other people'd left their blouses in class, so I attempted to sneak unnoticed out of the room to use the toilet downstairs to change by walking Pink Panther-style out of the classroom. The whole class was laughing at me by the time I reached the door, including Dr Sakhar. D: And when I came back to the classroom, they APPLAUDED! Sheesh.
Like Vic, I must improve on my stealth.
Assembly was coolios :D Crosstalk was supremely funny and the NCC people did a really good job with the lion dance (haha Huilian). For once, I dragged Vic down to the assembly to watch the show, but she apparently couldn't see very well and sulked throughout the thing. It was a blessing in disguise for me, though, because she was in front of me and while she slouched and sulked I had a clear view of the stage.
Ma Chang and Fengjing (and the rest of the PRC scholars) were really good! Ma Chang with her Beijing-opera husband (wahaha) and Fengjing with her piano. I'll probably never be able to play that well ): The scholars' parents came to visit them, and they were so cute! They kept saying their daughters said the Singaporean kids were nice people. I hope they weren't just being polite, because one of my highest points for OBS was when Ma Chang said HER highest point was when we taught the scholars the school song. I'm surprised she didn't get scared off by my superbly bad translation and even worse singing skills lolol.
Chinese was nonexistent. Mdm Loy (it feels weird to call her Lilaoshi, because she's already Mdm Loy forever in my mind) was at CNY concert.
Chem was fun whee :D We didn't have a proper lesson, so Mrs Lim just gave us this quiz (which I got like 9/15 instead of 10/15 for because I didn't write my 'O' in CaCo3 properly, sigh) and a powerpoint full of random non-Chemrelated riddles for us to solve.
After school ended I ponned RA talk (which according to Xinyuan was a load of crap, so no guilty feelings there) and met up with 6GEPRosyth06 instead.
Everyone else played Wii while I stared on, fascinated by modern gaming machines. Then they tried convincing Tessa, Azaac, Josie, BryanLee and me to go swimming but we didn't want to, so Eth Edward Kester Raveen JY jumped in and started splashing around. Azaac, Tessa and I tried to skip ice across the swimming pool water but I failed miserably. BryanLee and Josie looked disapproving of our activities lolol.
Then everyone else went for dinner while Tessa, Josie and I went home. D: Sad life we all have, isn't it.
--
These days, I keep telling people (esp yearmates) stuff and they go "Yeah I know. Don't say it again. I READ YOUR BLOG ALREADY."
So why don't people make their presence known? I mean, I've always thought nobody knew about my blog, and that even yearmates don't bother checking it frequently. But I can post something today and have people know about it, like, tomorrow.
I know I don't usually ask for tags, because I don't reply them and I don't tag frequently on other people's blogs so I can't expect people to do it for me. But just this once, can people who read my blog tag to let me get a general idea of how many people read my blog? It's going to affect the way I blog, so yeah.
Btw, HELLO MUNI :D I BLOGSTALK YOU.