Friday, January 9, 2009

Blehhh today wasn't the best of days.

The morning started out splendidly, with Yoonjung informing us that Ms Lim said we might have gotten in for MPP 1st round (which we later confirmed with Mr TJ Lee during Assembly, yay).

Then everything went downhill; I got an awful stomachache during height and weight taking which persisted throughout PE and RALA, which was the class after PE. Obviously since I was feeling both sick and sleepy (not to mention still achy), I didn't much feel like talking, especially since I suspected I might have bad breath and Dr Sakhar was right in front of me.

Dr Sakhar's nice, really. He was talking about Dr Faustus, who famously sold his soul to the devil (derived from the original Faust) and then went "Not to Elizabeth Hurley! Though I wouldn't mind selling myself to Elizabeth Hurley... *grin*"

(Note: I just checked Wiki and it said Elizabeth Taylor was the one who acted in the Faust film, which means he must have said it wrongly, but if I were a guy I'd rather sell my soul to Liz Hurley because Elizabeth Taylor's an ahmah now. :D)

Everyone kept laughing at his jokes, which must have been at least moderately funny, but I was so sian and hungry and achy that I just couldn't laugh. Neither did Vic. Which resulted in Dr Sakhar asking us after class if we understood what was going on in class, because we were "pretty quiet". Grayte. Must save our reputation next lesson. :/

LA (can't call it Lit or English, we did both) extended till after recess because everyone wanted to keep listening to the wise words of Dr Sakhar, so we chionged back to class to change and then rushed to the hall control room for Assembly. Since it was not my duty week, I got kicked out of the control room by Cherylchan but it didn't really matter since for some reason everyone's so attracted to me that they all came out and joined me in the gallery outside the control room after a while. :D Vic and Denise were the first out. They're so nice. I don't deserve such nice batchies ):

HCL was unfortunately rather boring. Chem was tough, but interesting. Condescending as we might find the teacher, I have to admit she's good. Thanks to the lastminute revision I did last night, I kind of got most of what she was saying. Was still no match for the pro people in 311, though.

After school Charisse, Vic and I chionged out again to find the Ms Ongs, who were giving their CAP briefing. (Rather amusingly, they made the to-be CAPpers assemble at exactly the same spot in the Hall that they used for the CAP briefing last year.) I got Ms Ong SJ to do Xinyuan's and my recommendation while Charisse and Vic waited for Ms Sharon Ong to finish psychoing our batchmates to join LitRS. Then Ms Ong realised that Denise wasn't around and made one of us go find her. She was in the canteen eating noodles or something and nearly choked when she heard Ms Ong was looking for her :/ Can't imagine the fear she strikes in her students, she seems okayish to me. But then again, she's never been my teacher before. :D

Then I went off to hobo and eat lunch alone, but found Alicia waiting for her grandpa there, so I had someone to talk to, yay (: Mala appeared out of nowhere too, so I didn't actually get any hoboing done. Phototaking after that was okay, but Xinyuan (who had been absent the whole day) suddenly appeared out of nowhere and got her photo taken.

Xinyuan also showed me the solid fuel her dad got for OBS. She triumphantly held up a bagful of tealights that had "TEALIGHTS" written on it and went all "here it is!".

I almost fainted. I swear I did.

But then again, I guess it's not actually her dad's fault because I don't think he's done outdoor cooking before and so might have thought that "solid fuel" literally meant fuel in solid form, which candles/tealights are, and not a specific type of Solid Fuel, which is what we needed.

Still. IT HAD 'TEALIGHTS' WRITTEN ON IT!

...though I did find actual Solid Fuel after scouting around a bit just now. Didn't have enough money on me to buy it, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the shop won't be out of stock when I go there tomorrow.

Sigh.

Actually, now I think of it, it's actually pretty hilarious, though just now I was too pissed to see the humour in it. LOLOL. Vic was laughing like crazy when we told her.

I'm starting to not want to go for OBS D:
Disclaimer

Be offended if you want by my writings; it's your blood pressure, not mine. (:





your mirror

sixteen. 12A01B; formerly a chopstick. ex-coralite, ex-riverlite, ex-rosythian and now a rafflesian.
member of rgsrcy&aikirinashi; love always
and rgavpa - girls in black.

hobo. part-time PUSSian. forever a sexysixfifteener <3


sticks and stones



and the lights dim

© Layout by Tracy.
Amanda
Alicia
Anabelle
Audrey
Bernice
Celine
Cheng Jing
Cheryl
Clare
Cloudy+Josh
Dawn
Dawn
Dawne
Denise
Germaine
Gloria
Grace
Gregory
Huiran
Janne
Jarrad
Jingjie
Jingyi
Joie
Joseph
Justin
Karen
Leevoon
Lingzhi
Munirah
Rachel
Rach
Rohan
Russell
Ruth
Sherry
Sindhu
Verna
Victoria
Wesley
Xinyuan
Yirong

CAPpers'08
SOS: CAP'08
Yearblog
AVbatch'10!
6-14/6-15 2006
113 '07
212 '08
311 '09
----
» February 2008
» March 2008
» April 2008
» May 2008
» June 2008
» July 2008
» August 2008
» September 2008
» October 2008
» November 2008
» December 2008
» January 2009
» February 2009
» March 2009
» April 2009
» May 2009
» June 2009
» July 2009
» August 2009
» September 2009
» October 2009
» November 2009
» December 2009
» January 2010
» February 2010
» March 2010
» April 2010
» May 2010
» June 2010
» July 2010
» August 2010
» September 2010
» October 2010
» November 2010
» December 2010
» January 2011
» February 2011
» April 2011
» May 2011