Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Omg today was damn funny can.
Rach Vic and I planned to go to school today for MPP recommendations. But Rach decided to quit our team (and MPP, because to most people it's boringcrap) so she wanted to just go out with us after we were done asking teachers instead. So Vic and I asked Xinyuan along instead.
I got to school exactly on time, but Vic and Xinyuan were still sitting in the Magic Lab playing National Neopian while poor Yunteng was made to do all the work. Aiyo. So I tried to make them move, but they refused and started playing National Neopian TOGETHER, which is the lamest thing anyone can come up with. I got pissed, sat down and started playing Turmac Roll while waiting for them. :/
Finally they finished with their Level 30 On National Neopian High Score or whatever, and we went to go buy books at Popular. I got 2 gaozhis and 4 foolscap pads and a lot of exercise books plus the Amaths textbook, because for some weird reason I run through a LOT of foolscap every year. I think it's because people keep borrowing and not returning my foolscap. Sheesh.
So like Vic said, with all those books I was planning to put some in my bag and some in a plastic bag. But did the eco-terrorist next to me allow it? Of course not. Eco-Terrorist (also known as Treehugger) snatched away the cashier's plastic bag when she was about to help me bag my goods. So we started arguing over it, much to the amusement of Vic and the cashier who were both on my side. But in the end Eco-Terrorist won because she had force on HER side. D: So I stuffed the lighter books with RGS logos on them into my bag, took the street directory out and carried it in my hand along with the Amaths textbook. Bah.
Of course, in the scuffle Eco-Terrorist left her wallet in school. She only realised it when we were on the bus and she couldn't find her wallet to tap the reader, too. :/ So yay, we walked all the way back to school. Vic got grumpy because exercise makes her grumpy. What made things worse was that while we were still walking, it started to rain. So Eco-Terrorist (let's just call her ET) and I ran to the bus stop while Vic walked in the rain. Then Vic and I got grumpy together and decided not to go back to Far East to eat, so ET suggested Coro. Vic got all excited because Werty's blog mentions Coro and Werty's word is law, so we all trooped off to Coro...
only to find that it has got to be one of the most depressing places ever. Sorry Nanyang people, but Coro sucks. It's awfully dark inside and smells suspicious and yet all the HCJC, Nanyang and HCI people crowd inside like siao. We wanted lunch so we checked out this cafe first, but Vic wanted to see the famous lemon chicken shop so we went upstairs. Turns out the lemon chicken shop was just Golden Rooster. -.- I have one next to my house! And it was so packed, people were eating on the STAIRS. Crazy sia. We went to the cafe instead, where Vic and I compiled a nice list of What Makes A Mall Depressing. Four things: LAN shops, second-hand bookstores, bad lighting and low ceilings. They combine to give the place a generally shady look. Lunch was okay la. I had fish and chips while ET and Vic had chicken and pork chop (which looked the same) respectively. ET wanted my lemon to suck on, ew. They had one of those Big Gulp soft drink machine thingies where you can mix flavours, yay! Still, the drinks weren't freeflow or anything D:
Oh, and bad smells help quite a fair bit.
Sigh MPP groupings are like so screwed. MPP topics also. We discussed them all through lunch and still can't come to an agreement.
Sighhhh.