Thursday, December 25, 2008
I don't normally do New Year Resolutions, but here they are: my resolutions for 2009 (to be promptly forgotten when other posts bump it down).
Personal:
1. Be nicer to people. Nicer =/= pushover. Gossip less and make less snide remarks.
2. Stop being such an idiot at times.
3. Actually do work instead of pretending to do work.
4. Stand up to my dad when he's being unreasonable.
NAPFA:
1. A for 2.4. I miss my athleticism in P5-P6. A for 1.6km run, plus one of the first few runners in my class. Sigh. What happened to me?
2. C for IPU. I've never done more than 7 at one go, which explains the whole lot of silvers and bronzes for NAPFA in my report books.
3. A for situps. Have been damn slack these few years and contented with Bs.
The rest aren't very worth mentioning, so I'll skip them.
Academics:
Depressingly, I will actually have to try achieving all these:
1. Survive Sec3 math.
2. Survive Sec3 math and maintain 4.0 for said subject.
3. Keep up my amazing feat of only falling asleep in class once in the entire school year.
4. Understand what's going on in RALA and attempt to keep up with all the geniuses in RALA.
5. Maintain 3.6+ GPA. Crazy la.
6. At least 3.6 for Lit AND English.
7. Try not to get kicked out of RA, which according to the school will happen if I don't manage to do 5 and 6.
Sigh. My dad has this elitist view of the secondary school system in Singapore. Apparently, every school except RGS is lousy according to him. Plus he laughs at people's PSLE scores, which I think is kind of mean seeing as I have a low score compared with my peers.
Piano:
PASS THE EXAM.