Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Why do people keep giving me weird looks when I read The Princess Diaries on the train? It's not like I'm reading the script of The Vagina Monologues or something, which WOULD raise eyebrows with titles such as The Little Coochie Snorcher That Could (which is about...never mind. That part ends with the line "If it was rape, it was good rape", so go Wiki it or something).

It's slightly feminist, but Vic agrees it's a good read. I mean, you have a blonde princess who is in the Gifted and Talented class but constantly fails geometry, a smart best friend who looks like a pug and a sensitive writer in love with the princess. What more could anyone expect?

Besides, it's a total no-brainer, which is good. Nobody needs to read cheem monologues on oil prices (which have dropped, yay) or How The Current Economic Crisis Is Going To Affect The World. (Because we already know. No jobs, sir, no jobs.) In times like these, all we need is a good chick lit book to destress.

Which brings me to the point of actcheem-ness. If there's one type of person I can't stand (besides people who can't and won't spell properly), it's people who can spell but like to act cheem by inserting all kinds of Big Words into their writing. I mean, if you honestly need to use a Big Word, it's fine. But using Big Words for the sake of sounding smart ("Hey, Mum! Look! A BIG WORD!...damn, now what's a panacea*?") Everytime I come across one of these writings I feel like crossing the whole thing out and writing "NOBODY GETS YOU" on it.


*Panacea = cure-all. No offense to people who have used the word in their writings, unless you happen to be one of those airheads who don't even know what it means AND still used it somewhere.
--

Oh and my dad just had to scold me for something that was absolutely NOT my fault. I was happily typing away here after helping him get some heavy bags down from the top shelf in the storeroom. I wasn't even expecting any thanks from him seeing as his leg hurt, but he had to go all "Didn't you see how my leg hurt when carrying these bags? And now you won't even help me carry them back up?" in this cutting tone, when I could barely hear him calling my name because he hadn't enough sense to call me from somewhere nearer than the STOREROOM.

He should be so glad I only said "How was I supposed to know?", instead of "I've had enough of your temper now, because YOU HAVE BEEN MEAN TO EVERYONE FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS and we've have just been tolerating you because your leg hurts. But everyone has a limit, y'know, and mine is just about up, RIGHT NOW."

But I held it in because he's finally getting treatment for the leg. Still, he doesn't get the hints we've been dropping him about his bad temper. And I'm not even kidding about the limit-to-my-patience thing.
Disclaimer

Be offended if you want by my writings; it's your blood pressure, not mine. (:





your mirror

sixteen. 12A01B; formerly a chopstick. ex-coralite, ex-riverlite, ex-rosythian and now a rafflesian.
member of rgsrcy&aikirinashi; love always
and rgavpa - girls in black.

hobo. part-time PUSSian. forever a sexysixfifteener <3


sticks and stones



and the lights dim

© Layout by Tracy.
Amanda
Alicia
Anabelle
Audrey
Bernice
Celine
Cheng Jing
Cheryl
Clare
Cloudy+Josh
Dawn
Dawn
Dawne
Denise
Germaine
Gloria
Grace
Gregory
Huiran
Janne
Jarrad
Jingjie
Jingyi
Joie
Joseph
Justin
Karen
Leevoon
Lingzhi
Munirah
Rachel
Rach
Rohan
Russell
Ruth
Sherry
Sindhu
Verna
Victoria
Wesley
Xinyuan
Yirong

CAPpers'08
SOS: CAP'08
Yearblog
AVbatch'10!
6-14/6-15 2006
113 '07
212 '08
311 '09
----
» February 2008
» March 2008
» April 2008
» May 2008
» June 2008
» July 2008
» August 2008
» September 2008
» October 2008
» November 2008
» December 2008
» January 2009
» February 2009
» March 2009
» April 2009
» May 2009
» June 2009
» July 2009
» August 2009
» September 2009
» October 2009
» November 2009
» December 2009
» January 2010
» February 2010
» March 2010
» April 2010
» May 2010
» June 2010
» July 2010
» August 2010
» September 2010
» October 2010
» November 2010
» December 2010
» January 2011
» February 2011
» April 2011
» May 2011