Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Went back to Rosyth today for their graduation concert and had a warm fuzzy feeling inside all through our visit (:
I was late. Whoops. And made Vic and Azaac wait for me. Whoops. At least I hope they used their alone time together fruitfully. Whoops I didn't say that.
It was all really sweet, EK was making "P6s Before You Leave These Are The Core Values You Must Take Away" speeches and there were all those Habits of Mind on the screen and we got a seat near Mr Grosse who REMEMBERED ME AND ASKED ME IF I'M STILL WRITING. At first he called my name but I thought it was just because my shirt (was wearing the 212 class shirt) had my name on it but HE REMEMBERS ME EVEN THOUGH HE ONLY TAUGHT ME IN P4 WOOHOO.
And then this Kevin-lookalike guy from the graduating batch started singing their batch graduation song and his voice was awesomeeee and suddenly I remembered our batch's graduation and felt like crying, even though during OUR grad concert I never shed a single tear. The emcee (Wendelyn?) stood up and announced that the P6s were going to sing At The Beginning so we all joined in heh.
Then halfway through the song Mrs Koh asked us to give a speech! So we decided to impromptu and she handed us the mike and the three of us talked utter crap to all our darling P4-P6 juniors. We were supposed to be sharing our experiences in secondary school, but I couldn't resist adding "And don't get boyfriends and girlfriends and forget who your exclassmates are (:" at some random point of time, which earned us Disapproving Looks from the teachers present and titters from the rest of the auditorium.
We I own. Azaac talked about how he was the only one from RosythGEP in Catholic High. Sad.
We then went to crash their classes and talked to Ms Khoo ("Ms Khoo be proud of us, we're taking TRIPLESCIENCE!") and Guolaoshi, who told us that the GEP classes now have classes with the mainstream people. Sigh. Not that it's such a bad thing, but I always loved the close-knit feeling of the GEP batches and the way the two classes always seemed to be one big class. Now with so many people mixed in to 'dilute' the batch, I wonder whether their bonds will be as strong as ours were. D:
Next stop was the staff room to visit Wulaoshi, but we saw Mr Grosse outside and talked to him a little more. He's a True Lit Lover, which is really really rare and his teaching style's the only one which I feel can rival Ms Leow's so far. And the reasons he gave for loving Lit made a lot of sense, because it's something I've been thinking about while choosing my subject combi, and I came to the same conclusions about Lit about a month ago.
WULAOSHI REMEMBERS ME TOO WHEEEEEEE. But she claims she's heartbroken because of all the things she told us I only remember her famous "敏宁不要坐在桌子上!" line. Well it wasn't my fault I was too tall for the chairs, right? She thought Azaac, Vic and I were in some sort of bizarre love triangle omg.
We saw Mrs Koh YY after that (which was around the time PM Glendon Goh finally made his appearance) but Vic and I had to go home. So Azaac went with us, and we all abandoned Glendon and went home :D