Friday, November 28, 2008
I hate swimming D:
In order to secure my freedom this afternoon so I could go eat lunch and shop with Lingzhi at Compass Point, I had to sacrifice this morning in the pool. My mum has this weird craze with swimming because she thinks that the canoe in OBS will overturn and our life jackets will suddenly not work and I'll need to swim to safety. :/
So anyway I actually managed to move myself from one end of the pool to the other! So I got to go out, yay :D
I reached the place 10 mins early and waited like half an hour for that girl sheesh :/ And dear Lingzhi turned out to be just at the OTHER end of the MRT station and she came even earlier than me! Her theory was that I wouldn't be so dumb as to wait at the non-shoppingcentre end of the station. Whoops.
We went to Cold Storage first to buy her 1.5 litres of Coke lol. Then we went for lunch and that was when it REALLY got amusing :D
I bought char kway teow and Lingzhi bought chicken rice. Then she made me go get 2 cups of ice for her from the drinks stall because she wanted to drink her Coke and share some with me. But I felt bad just asking for the ice without buying anything, so I got iced tea and asked for an extra cup of ice. I asked like 3 times for it k, and all the auntie gave me was this COFFEE CUP. So I malu-ly went back to our table with the tea and coffee cup :/ I think Lingzhi didn't know whether to laugh or cry when she saw it, but actually Coke in a coffee cup really DOES look like black coffee so I suppose it was okay...?
Then she wanted to try my char kway teow, so I asked her if she wanted to try a cockle (I paid $1 more for extra cockles) from the kway teow and picked out a nice big one for her :D But she said she wanted to try a tiny one so I put it on her spoon and she popped it into her mouth...
...and her face changed. At first she had this shocked expression on her face, then she looked really nauseated and went pale. I was laughing uproariously at first, but she looked really sick and I thought she was going to go into convulsions or something. Then she started gagging and finally spat out the cockle. So she wasn't allergic after all :D But her reaction to it was way more drastic than when I first ate cockles, sigh. Looks like she'll never become a fan, unlike me.
Though I'm definitely never going to ask anyone to eat cockles again. You never know how many Lingzhis there are around. No wonder hawker stalls give people the option of leaving cockles out of their food. It's an acquired taste.
STUPID LINGZHI KEPT COMPLAINING MY BREATH SMELT OF COCKLES! (Actually, they smell a bit like blood. That's why they're called Blood Cockles. No, really. You can stop gagging now.) I took super long to finish my lunch because I kept going into fits of laughter everytime she mentioned the word 'cockle' from then on.
We went to Popular to get my Chinese and Social Studies books for next year, then back to my house for me to drop off my books and get more stuff and switch off the soup cooker, and then back to Compass Point again.
After that we just sat at the bus interchange and talked for a long, long time about stuff. Jiayou Xinglingzhi, everything passes :D Yours is only four days, so just survive and it'll all be over soon!
Then Lingzhi needed a comb so we went to like 4 places to find them: Watsons, Helen, Guardian and Cold Storage. In the end, she settled on the 1st place we went to >:( I didn't know combs nowadays are so ugly, ew. And they're really expensive too.
And finally we both went home :D
Jiayou LAVA! And Yingxin (Low!) Xinyuan Wesley for your performance thingy, since I can't watch on both days D: BUT I ALREADY KNOW THE PLOT HAHAHAHA.