Saturday, November 1, 2008
What could we be doingin the vanished years of our lives? No longermight we sit on the balconywith liver spots on our hands,wrinkles printing our faces,a languor in our smiles.- tilting our plates to catch the light, Cyril Wong
--
I love that book. It's a doomed relationship, but there is so much hope at the end for the two men and for the Indian gods. The two men have Aids, but they eventually get over it and look forward to the remaining years of their lives. How often have we missed the beautiful things in life? I really like the title because of its significance to the entire story, but didn't quite get it at first.
Oh yeah I was supposed to be posting about MPP.
We saw a LOT of people we knew. Shiyuan Wesley Joshng Joshyeo (though I don't know him as in KNOW him) Shaocloud from HCI, Enting from Nanyang and Jeremy from ACS(I) MR. Shaun Ou was supposedly there but no matter how hard we tried to see him we couldn't.
Thamsy GREW HAIR :O I think he looks a lot better now but Vic begs to differ.
First part was just a general briefing about MPP. Looks like we're set to apply, it sounds pretty fun. But since Denise might be joining SMP, we're down to 4 people in the group. Xinyuan Vic Lidan me (: Even though we have less people, I think we'll still be able to handle it, so our group shall just stay small.
Tea was...okay. The food was amazingly good for GE Branch standards; past experiences with GE Branch food have led me to discover the existence of Mystery Meat and the possibility of eating chicken cooked in various forms for 5 days straight. This time we had dainty little sandwiches with the crusts cut off (: I couldn't resist niaoing Shiyuan about his hair. His friend thought he suddenly gained popularity with girls because there was like a whole crowd of RG girls walking behind him lolol.
Concurrent Session A was good. We were originally planning to go for B but we stumbled upon A and everyone refused to leave, so.
HOTA, Virtual Games and Death Penalty (Official Table of Drops!) FTW :D
Hehe going home was amusing. Ms Lim and Mr TJ Lee brought the whole crowd of us out to the main road. Mr TJ Lee led the Westie group while Ms Lim led the Eastie group. I decided to break away from the main group once we reached Bukit Timah Road and walked to the bus stop instead where Gloria and her debate friends and Wesley with his Hwachong friends were already waiting for a bus.
Ten minutes later, Ms Lim's group hurried over to the same bus stop. :D
Ms Lim's super funny la, Lidan and some other people were supposed to take 67 to Tampines or something and they were all set to board when Ms Lim insisted that they stay so that she could "help them check the route". By the time she ascertained that they could indeed take 67, the bus had already driven off. -.- Then she made me call Denise to check if she was safely in her mum's car, but Xiaoqi borrowed my phone so I borrowed Wesley's.
Ms Lim: "Aiyo why borrow from that Hwachong guy? He doesn't even know you or Denise!"
Me: "Actually, he has Denise's number. :D"
Wesley: *nods* "Yeah."
Me: "See?"
Ms Lim looked faintly horrified. I might have accidentally given her the idea that Denise gives her number to random Hwachong guys she meets. Whoops.