Monday, October 20, 2008
Today was absolutely BORING.
First, Ms Lee came up to us during morning assembly looking for Hannah, who supposedly disappeared somewhere during gym assembly on Friday but was actually skulking in a corner where nobody could find her and take attendance. So she kena pwned by Vic's Chinese teacher who is our HOY.
Hannah happened to be doing morning assembly duty for AV. So I told her about it in class, sending her into a tizzly frenzy. Whoops.
I forgot what we did before recess. Oh yeah, auditions for Drama Night. Was quite interesting watching Xinyuan screw up Shylock on purpose so she'd be free to do Prince of Arragon. Mala's depiction of Shylock was...emotionally powerful. She really sounded like she'd been done a great personal wrong. :O
Jaime became Shylock in the end, thanks to her accurate portrayal of his spitefulness during the borrowing scene. Delia was pretty good too.
The rest weren't that interesting because they weren't hotly contested. I was all happy at being able to double up as scriptwriter and AV person, when Xinyuan thought it'd be amusing to nominate me as Nerissa. Yihhui seconded. At first it wasn't that bad because I was planning on purposely losing to Joelle and fading into the background, but Joelle auditioned for Antonio...
...and got the place. THANKS A LOT XINYUAN. >:(
Now I have triple roles and no idea as to how I'm going to do lights and sounds AND act at the same time. Time-Turners, anyone?
Spent recess with Hannah and Xinyuan talking to Ms Leow about RALA. We practically shamelessly asked for a nomination, whoops. And it turns out she was busy writing nominations, and we didn't even realise! Diedie. In the end we didn't even get to find out whether we got recommendations for RALA. (And Vic's complaining about HER recommendation. Sheesh!)
Then Hannah and I realised we'd forgotten to talk to Ms Lee, so I stood at a safe distance while she explained stuff to her. Then we went to find Vic's Chinese teacher, and then Ms Lee again. Bah.
We can apparently check our GPAs with Ms Lee tomorrow to see if we qualify for RA. If my calculations aren't wrong, I won't make the cut. But whatever, I shall so appeal.