Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Okay awesome so my impoverished family now has the most high-tech gadgets ever.
No kidding. I apparently qualify for government aid ( = Edusave Merit Bursary) and the school's Opportunities Fund based on combined family income (shut up about the "OMG LOWER INCOME SQUEE" thing already) but anyone who visits my house would never believe it.
I mean, like, a freaking 21-inch desktop screen?! Now the text on my com is so big that I can see it from a METRE away. It feels so weird.
And fine, so I asked for a good sound system for the new computer instead of a brand new laptop when my parents told me I could have anything I wanted, but this one is just...crazy. If we were rich I'd be bragging, but we're not. This is SO splurging on luxury items.
And yes, my TV's also new. Cost another bomb, that.
Sheesh. And people think I'm some poor deprived kid or something because I only have two bags: my schoolbag and the dirty worn Converse one I've been carrying around for ages. Plus I've been using the same wallet since P5. My family exemplifies "saving on the small stuff and splurging on the big". 'Han sai sai dai', as my dad likes to put it. WE HAVE NO MONEY ALREADY!