Sunday, October 5, 2008
Looks like for every chicken essence hater, there is a chicken essence lover.
Drinking another bottle this morning helped, I guess. I was in a weird sleepy-alert state of mind today. My brain kept up a steady stream of CPF draw-down ages (62, currently), population statistics of China (40.7% of the Chinese population were kids in 1964. That dropped to 27.7% in 1990.) and random impressive conclusive sentences, all of which I gave up in the end in favour of a "Nothing stops them from trying; after all, the duty of the government is to act in the best interests of its people."
I don't understand the obsession chicken essence manufacturers have with unopenable bottles, though. I've never successfully opened one by myself before. My mum has to help with a spoon. Can't they make a bottle that doesn't require prying open with a teaspoon? After all, the canned drinks people did it, and they have more liquid to deal with.
Then there's the problem of drinking it from the bottle. They have these rounded rims that I guess is meant to play up the whole classy-glass-bottle thing, but it is so gross to slobber chicken essence all over yourself at 6 in the morning when you're in a freshly ironed school uniform. It doesn't help that of all the colours in the world, chicken essence has to be DARK BROWN in colour.