Saturday, October 25, 2008

(Was supposed to be posted yesterday.)

Camp Crew was awesomely fun :D

I love my team! Even though we had like the ugliest lanyard colour and were the last team and everything.

TEAM 5 GREY ROCKS YAY.

Okay anyway. I reached school at around 8am but nobody from my batch was there yet so I went into the toilet and slowly retied my hair about 3 times, meeting Van and Peilin on the way there. Then I got back 5 minutes later and found RachelP, Denise and Xinyuan sitting there moaning about Vic being late.

The PSLs were having some PSB thing and Vic was commenting about there being guys walking around. So I pointed at this random yellow-shirted guy whom I thought was from ACS and went "well yeah that's an ACS(I) guy...", only to find that I was pointing at Mr TJ Lee. It turns out he IS from ACS(I) :O

So we (Sec2 batch) choped the back row of the bus and started singing Cobrastyle/talking about random things.

MY BATCH ROCKS YAY.

We reached ACS(I) and I was, to the amusement of everyone else who went for Litsem, wowed. Their campus is HUGE. Like seriously gigantic. And their grass is actually a deep green, not lousy going-to-die green like our field.

Then we walked to the auditorium and started crapping around because both our facilitators (Jiayi and Karmun) were coming late. So we decided to play ToD, and forced Murali to try flirting with Vic with Zheng Xi's famous "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put 'U' and 'I' together!" and freaked Vic out. :D

We tried to make Sean touch a girl from Group 3's hair, but it kind of didn't work out because Sean absolutely refused to do it even though he's the oldest in our group. Huilian tried calling him a wimp, but he accepted the insult ("yeah I'm a wimp!") and sat right back down. D:

The equipment tour was mind-blowing. They have a $100k digital mixer that their Media Resource club is actually allowed to TOUCH. That's like the size of the entire budget for AV that Mr Lee's asking for. Their equipment WORKS. They have four cameras in the Performing Arts Centre control room for seemingly no significant purpose other than to project the images of the stage onto the spanking new plasma TV screen outside the door for VIPs waiting to go into the theatre to watch. And they have a gazillion auditoriums, each one bigger than our hall.

Station games were fun too. The RG girls just blindly followed the AC guys, because we had absolutely no idea how to navigate the campus. As Murali put it, they have a "minimap of the school" in their heads. Wow.

The ACS canteen is ownage. They have Jap food, pizza, pasta and ripoff prices, but the variety is insane and easily 1 1/2 times more than RGS's. I'd pay for that kind of food anytime, rather than endure our school's awful food. I can't even get through a plate of rice (except Stall 7's) without feeling like puking no matter how hungry I am la. The chicken rice they bought for the campers was really good, though.

Oh and today the guys decided to run. I thought I had stamina, but they are NOT NORMAL. They were sprinting from one place to another without even breaking a sweat while Huilian and I lagged behind. The Sec1s didn't even bother running. Smart.

I tompang-ed Xinyuan's car for the second consecutive day already today. Paiseh :/ yesterday her dad drove me to Little India and today her mum drove me to Dover. I didn't even need to use my (ugly) hand-drawn map and bus directions.

Apparently, the ACS guys pay a lot for their campus. It makes sense, because the compound is so big that just when I thought I'd seen it all, the guys brought us to the classrooms/teaching block. They were huge, pretty and even colour-coded. ("And this...is the grey level!")

It turns out Theodore from my group knows Justin Mao, and so do a whole lot of other people. He's famous for booking library computer rooms to play computer games, and just about everyone knows that but he hardly gets caught. They also have this roomful of computers that you have to pay to use.

The camp ended with captain's ball and Exco won D: thanks to Anderson (whom a lot of girls were checking out even though he's J1 and a dancer) and Hann Lam, who are not only tall but can aim accurately. My group had a major height disadvantage compared to them.

Cherylchan and Hann Lam kept getting matchmade by all the campers.

So yes, to conclude, ACS guys ARE funner to play games with than __ guys, and they actually do hold doors open for people. I'm quite impressed.


--

Shoban: "You see, the reason why the system doesn't work is that you have to turn the gain on first. Turn the knob to two o'clock, then test the mike. Since these aren't condensers, you don't have to turn phantom power on. Your cordless mikes don't work because like just now, you didn't turn on the gain and the receivers(?) aren't plugged into the mixer so even if the receiver picks up signals your mixer can't transfer them to the speakers. Your speaker wires are different from your mike-to-mixer wires. You heft the speaker up first - careful, it's heavy - and slowly turn the knob on the stand to raise it. Like this. Yup. Now who wants to try connecting the wire from the mixer to 'Output'?"

RGS girls: "..."
Disclaimer

Be offended if you want by my writings; it's your blood pressure, not mine. (:





your mirror

sixteen. 12A01B; formerly a chopstick. ex-coralite, ex-riverlite, ex-rosythian and now a rafflesian.
member of rgsrcy&aikirinashi; love always
and rgavpa - girls in black.

hobo. part-time PUSSian. forever a sexysixfifteener <3


sticks and stones



and the lights dim

© Layout by Tracy.
Amanda
Alicia
Anabelle
Audrey
Bernice
Celine
Cheng Jing
Cheryl
Clare
Cloudy+Josh
Dawn
Dawn
Dawne
Denise
Germaine
Gloria
Grace
Gregory
Huiran
Janne
Jarrad
Jingjie
Jingyi
Joie
Joseph
Justin
Karen
Leevoon
Lingzhi
Munirah
Rachel
Rach
Rohan
Russell
Ruth
Sherry
Sindhu
Verna
Victoria
Wesley
Xinyuan
Yirong

CAPpers'08
SOS: CAP'08
Yearblog
AVbatch'10!
6-14/6-15 2006
113 '07
212 '08
311 '09
----
» February 2008
» March 2008
» April 2008
» May 2008
» June 2008
» July 2008
» August 2008
» September 2008
» October 2008
» November 2008
» December 2008
» January 2009
» February 2009
» March 2009
» April 2009
» May 2009
» June 2009
» July 2009
» August 2009
» September 2009
» October 2009
» November 2009
» December 2009
» January 2010
» February 2010
» March 2010
» April 2010
» May 2010
» June 2010
» July 2010
» August 2010
» September 2010
» October 2010
» November 2010
» December 2010
» January 2011
» February 2011
» April 2011
» May 2011