Monday, October 13, 2008
Bah today was like uber boring.
Reached school early to help with class deco, but I ended up doing practically nothing except helping to decide what colour the banner should be and using my butt as a clothweight while Yeqi drew the thing.
Then we had Some Boring Talk, followed by reflections. As usual everyone wrote politically correct crap. There was no recess, so we went back to the hall to stone. The Congress thingy was quite interesting though, Sarah the PIT stood up to protest against coloured-sole socks. She was like "I think the coloured sole socks rule is quite..." and Vic said "Stupid." just as Sarah did. :D
Principal's Address was supremely anticlimax. Old news old news.
Then there was this AV Camp Crew briefing, but I had to skip half of it because I was already late to pick my grandma up to accompany her to the polyclinic. I called my grandparents on the train and my grandpa sounded pissed that I was reaching late whoops. :X
I reached my grandma's house 15 mins late and we managed to flag down a cab quite easily. The cab driver was really nice and kept talking about how polyclinics don't have X-rays. (THEY DO HAH.) That was when my grandma revealed that my grandpa thought I went home first. -.- If I had time to go home first I'd be punctual already! Sheesh don't trust me. I didn't even have time for lunch!
We hoboed around in the polyclinic while I ate chee cheong fun and drank Milo till 2pm when the radiology clinic opened. Then there was this endless stretch of waiting for the radiologist to call my grandma, for her to finish being X-rayed and for the results to be out. When the results were out we took a cab back to the clinic where it was MORE waiting for the doctor to analyse the results, for him to explain in Teochew to my grandma about what the X-ray results showed and finally for him to tell me the same thing in English. Yay.
My grandpa still looked pissed at me when I got back with my grandma, but I guess I couldn't speed up the
process of getting there so...my conscience is clear? Anyway it was only 20mins la so maybe he was just grumpy.
Then I went home. Boh interesting thing to say liao.