Monday, September 1, 2008
My uncle: "Do your parents know how often you're planning to go out this week?
Me: "Um."
Uncle: "So...you don't tell them?"
Me: "Uh, no?"
Uncle: "So you're going to tell them only after you're done going out."
Me: "I guess so."
Uncle: "You should really try telling them more."
--
Today:
Dad: "Hey I'm just calling to tell you that I'm not having dinner at home. I've got a tour."
Me: "Okay."
Dad: "So, what did you do all day?"
Me: "I went to Borders."
Dad: "You had fun?"
Me: *takes it as an invitation to talk about my day* "Yeah, it was after I went to school in the morning, and I wanted to buy -"
Dad: "Okay never mind. Just don't cook rice for me tonight."
Me: *gives up* "Yup. Got it."
Dad: "Great! Byebye."
Next time, I should try telling him I went to Les Amis for lunch on my newly received allowance, and that I am now broke for the month.