Saturday, September 27, 2008
Bah I'm sick of injections and metal needles.
I had 4 injections of anaesthetic (because the thick needle used for the first two times not only hurt when poked into the gum, it was also wholly ineffective and I could still feel pain during the injection, so they switched needles and injected two more times) on Wednesday, and had blood drawn for a blood test yesterday.
The results will determine if I need to be immunized against Hepatitis A and B. In any case, I'm definitely not immune to typhoid so that's one more injection on the cards for next week, at least.
Other than that, life's been an uneventful load of mugging for SAs, though I feel as though I haven't quite studied enough yet, especially for History.
Speaking of History, I'm quite pissed at the system. We're being tested on Chapter 9: Merger and Separation and Chapter 10: Challenges and Development (in non-cheem language: What The PAP Did To Make Our Lives Better). We're done with Chapter 9 (repeated 10000x in fact), and now, with 1 week to the exams, we HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED on Chapter 10. What kind of thing is this man. Guess who's taking up our lunch breaks to make up for it - she'd better not waffle on like she always does (especially about the 'Communist scourge', though I'm not complaining since all you have to do is agree with her and she'll give you high marks) or I'll murder Yeqi since she's the nearest asleep person to vent on. :D No wonder we're one entire topic behind other people. I can't believe she didn't do anything about it till now. How are we to prepare for our exams like this?
Other than that, math mugging has become more and more productive when I actually bother to do it and geog mugging is going nowhere. Never mind, I'm dropping Geog and History next year anyway.