Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Since some people view my post on being a Grammar/Spellingnazi as being elitist, let me clarify my points:
1. I cannot stand it when people refuse to make an effort to speak/type/write good English. If the person's trying already, I don't hate the person. I just won't be able to communicate properly with him/her, through no fault of either of us.
2. I can't stand twits. The kind who may or may not be able to spell properly but intentionally doesn't choose to do so in cyberspace. It's fake, annoying and an obstacle to communication.
3. Yes, I DO want to marry someone who doesn't just possess decent EL skills, but can actually write well. So that's my choice, and you, my dear (probably female) reader can stop harrassing me on MY standards for guys because you probably want to marry a rich guy and that's just elitism of another kind if you consider it elitism at all. From my point of view, it's a perfectly reasonable request.