Saturday, August 30, 2008
Oh gosh yesterday and today were awesome.
Yesterday was Teachers' Day. :D It was super funny can, I was totally anyhowly doing the ACES exercises with Yeqi but crashed into Mala a few times. Whoops. And Yeqi refused to take off her culottes because she wasn't wearing shorts. I refused to take off my culottes because I wore the wrong (read: going-to-drop) pair of shorts to school underneath my culottes. Then we went off to go watch the Teachers' Day performance, and to Xinyuan's team's credit, they did fairly well for backstage. 212 was right at the back and nobody really noticed us sneaking off to put presents in the teachers' lockers before the performance ended to avoid the human jam.
Then Rach Vic and me went back to Rosyth. When we were walking there Rach and I suddenly felt like peeing and made Vic rush with us to the school. But there was this sign saying "Rosyth welcomes all ex-Rosythians to visit from 1.30pm to 3.30pm." (WHAT WELCOME MAN.)
So I begged the security guard to let us in because it was the only toilet in the vicinity, but he thought we were trying to scam him into letting us in. Then I started arguing with him but it didn't work. ("We have had people trying to trick us before! Cannot! Cannot! Don't try to trick us ah, we know what you're up to!!!") So Kumar-esque.
I called Wesley and he was at NYPS with Werty. Vic called Joseph Lee who proclaimed his intention to not see me and hung up on her. How nice.
Anyway we met Kester and headed off to AMK Hub to wait out the 2 hours, where we met up with Jingyi Jiaen Enting Wig Cel Tessa Yingx Yiwye Raveen and Marcus. Then we took up three whole tables when we went to the foodcourt for lunch, shiok :D Everyone noticed Vic and I switched nametags. Glendon came with Song Sim later, and only Song Sim got confused ahaha. Vic then decided to be random and wore all four nametags (Cel's, mine, her own and Rach's) and took a photo.
I forgot what happened later, but since Song Sim said his batch was coming we zao-ed to go shopping. I got a load of sweets from Minitoons but they kept telling me "minimum 100g!" so I kept adding in more and more.
By the time we realised it was 12.45pm they'd all left for Rosyth already. >:( We bussed over to Rosyth where all the other ex-students were almost rioting because the guard refused to let them in even though it was already freaking 1.20pm and 10 minutes wouldn't make much of a difference. SO KUMAR-ESQUE. We were banging on the fence already. Then this bus wanted to drive in but couldn't because secondary school kids were blocking the driveway.
It's all Mavis's fault la. Finally they let us in but we were confined to the IBC where we nearly died of boredom, but at least we got to see Mrs Tong, Hulaoshi, Mrs Kohyy and Ms Khoo. Wesley turned up with Werty ("Werty waits for no one"). None of the teachers realised Werty wasn't actually a Rosythian, but they didn't believe Wesley's story of his being Nathanael either. :D
Then we saw our seniors again (Batch 19) but they were taking photos and everything. Wesley and Werty left. Vic and I were dying of boredom and she needed to do her homework and I needed to prepare for the next day so we left, and saw guess-who-else at the bus stop.
Vic attempted to flee quietly to escape the duo but phayled because I was gesticulating wildly at her at the bus stop, causing Wesley to turn around and give us both very strange looks. Vic attempted to hide behind the traffic light pole but her Richardson house tee gave her away. :D
--
Uh today was pretty cool too except for the fact that my hair was gross and no yearmates told me (I LOOKED LIKE I HAD A BALDING PATTERN CAN), and something else which shall not be mentioned except that it goes down as the most embarrassing situation I've ever been in, surpassing even the time when I had a Bimbo Attack on stage during Humanities Quiz and paisehed myself beside the sedately calm Siying and Xinyuan. Just one thing though: wanting to BE like is different from like. Like the time Sarah Siaw booked me but all I could think of was "Omg so THIS is the famous Sarah Siaw?!" (Unlike all you boliao people, I don't know her as the Daniel Sarah, but as the pro Sarah who won Middle Div for Scenario Writing or something.)
I guess I'll have to go jogging everyday or something to build up my stamina, or I'll just embarrass myself in front of the whole world. In a way, I'll be out of my comfort zone too, but at least there's Yingxin to share the stress with :)
Heh jiayou yearmates for your different posts!
FPS RS report due tomorrow. Sian. CAP mentorship and Scenario Writing results still not out yet. Sian.