Friday, July 25, 2008
Lolol slack day today.
Science was more figuring out of viruses and food poisoning germs, which I half-slept through. Yeqi and Xinyuan concussed after Hilary announced that her doctor dad already figured the problem out.
Art was relatively fun. I never knew that I could actually draw something that looked like what I was planning to draw. Amazing. We drew some guy upside-down, our own hands holding stuff and our pencilcases.
Humanities quiz for Assembly. I went with Xinyuan to put our bags down backstage (AV people FTW) and went for break. I was too nervous to eat anything proper.
Then Ms Sally Wong wanted to brief us, so we listened. Halfway through the briefing I kept having to resist the urge (sometimes unsuccessfully) to check the equipment and projector to see if they were working. She looked half-irritated and half-amused.
Siying was nowhere to be found during the briefing. So Ms Wong walked out, took the mike and went all "IS 209 HERE?" *209 waves* "DID SIYING COME TO SCHOOL TODAY?" *Siying stands up, everyone cheers.*
Then they announced the sec1s while we blurly walked out. So we walked back to hide behind the screen while they announced us one by one. Omg paiseh.
Speed round was relatively easy, but Xinyuan and Siying the pros answered most of them before I could even THINK. Somehow Xinyuan was sitting in the middle and the mike was in the middle, so she became the group spokesperson. Choice round was like imbaownage la, Sec2s picked all the 40point questions and again, those two answered practically everything. Xinyuan accidentally said Ho Ching as Ho Peng, but nevermind we saved the Sec1s some face.
The laptop person kept accidentally flashing the answers. Phayleeeeeeee.
Bonus round was mostly grinning evilly at the audience. Yay. Sec2s pwned all 3 rounds.
"Which brilliant female Nobel Peace Prize nominee was placed under house arrest?"
Option 3: LEE SU YIN, SINGAPORE.
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!111111one1111eleven
Prize presentation was phunny. We received the team prize first, and I forgot to put that one into the pocket and happily went to go receive the indiv prize with the first one still in my hand. Whoops. Siying got 1st and I tied with Xinyuan for 3rd. There wasn't any 2nd.
Prize was a STORED VALUE CARD FOR BORDERS HAH WE PWN. BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS HERE I COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Xinyuan wants to buy The Color Purple by Alice Walker.
I shall let her use her cards to buy it and then borrow. Whee.
Yeah I know it's nowhere near Vic's imba $400 worth of vouchers for PM's Book Prize, but hey, not too bad for half an hour's
tikaming answers work.
We went upstairs to the control room after that when Mrs S.Tan was talking. Rach apparently prankcalled Wesley (details on Vic's blog). Princess BapalapashamalamaDINGDONG!
Gattaca was off because Mr Desouza couldn't get enough people, so he's rescheduling it. Yay.
Ohyeahhh when I was walking downstairs with Xinyuan after the whole quiz thing, this random Sec1 suddenly ran up to Xinyuan and practically fangirled over her because of her imbaproness at Humanities Quiz. HELLO LAO NIANG STANDING BESIDE HER LEH, WHAT ABOUT ME?
(Though admittedly, I didn't exactly do much. And Xinyuan apparently knows that Sec1. And fine, so I don't look like L from Deathnote, but still!)
Going for dental now, sheesh. Hope I don't have to suffer any more pain when the doctor tightens my braces.