Sunday, July 13, 2008
Did I mention that missmurder has less posts than cannedshots despite the fact that missmurder has been around for much longer?
Yes. Therefore I shall cut down on blogging.
Anyway today was pretty normal; I spent nearly half the day sleeping off my sleep debt and stoning in front of the computer. Just went out for dinner at Pasir Ris. The place's changed a lot since I moved five years ago, and so have the people, it seems.
Hui Pin's working part time at a restaurant now. We used to be best friends and all until I switched kindergarten, and we used to run around the void deck playground playing catching with Tony, though I totally lost touch with Tony since I don't know when.
I don't know, it just felt kind of paiseh that she's my age, we knew each other from a long time ago, and she's already working (part time, but still) while I'm worrying about whether I can finish my homework. It felt so unreal sitting there watching her serve customers carrying hot plates handling PR problems taking orders and so on. I'm still taking from my parents and she's already Earning Money.
And I've been thinking all my life that I've been sensible enough for a daughter. My parents're right; I should get my butt out into the real world and see it for what it is, instead of thinking that everyone else is like me.
I remember being shocked that my classmate's dad was out of a job, until my own dad lost his two years later. And again, when I realised how lucky I was that my dad doesn't smoke, gamble, womanize or beat his family up, because dads like that DO exist. It's scary.