Monday, July 7, 2008
Class reunion rocked, though it wasn't exactly a class reunion since there were only 9 people there most of the time (11 if you count Yingxin and Jingyi).
Jarrad Marcus Bryanlee Justin Jiarong (Smallboi!) Kester Rachel Vic me.
I wore my new blouse, which both Yingxin and Vic think looks like a Jap Schoolgirl Uniform, wtf?!
We kind of got there before GV opened, so we hung around the entrance looking like a paikia gang, albeit one with a LOT of people.
Then we got sian of waiting and left 2 of the guys there to wait while we went to get breakfast at Macs for lunch. Vic and I got McGriddles and uh hashbrowns. Grah they apparently have staff problems, the aunties at the counter were quarrelling and when I asked for Ice Milo, I got Coke. When I returned it and asked again for Ice Milo, I got Ice Lemon Tea. Wtf.
We went back up and found the guys queueing for tickets already, yay. When we got the tickets we still had half an hour left, so we went to Minitoons where Kester and Rachel rushed for the gummies. Vic and I hung around outside with Smallboi and Bryan because there's nothing very interesting inside Minitoons.
After Minitoons we went to Action City, where Vic tried to scam me into thinking that a stressball shaped into a piece of bread was a REAL piece of bread. Then Marc and Vic started competing to see who could finish a 2x2 Rubik's cube faster. Marc won, hah Vic!
Then we went into the cinema. I forgot to hide my bag of Macs food and was swinging the plastic bag around happily while I walked through the ticketing gate, but the guy blurly didn't notice that I was flouting cinema rules whoops.
My hashbrown got soggy and stuck to the wrapper. Kester got grossed out because he was sitting on my other side and saw me licking the wrapper. But how can ANYONE bear to waste a good hashbrown? The McGriddles tasted funny, like not really sweet or salty.
Oh and we bought 4 or 5 boxes of sweet popcorn to share between the 9 of us. In the end, we couldn't finish about half of it while watching Hancock, so we dumped a full box (or more) of popcorn. Major food wastage, but we really couldn't stuff in more. Vic and Jiarong shared a Small Couple Coke while the other 7 of us shared a gigantic cup with 3 straws stuck in it.
Hancock was okay la. Not the best, but a bit unbelievable. Plot wasn't really developed properly.
Then we played at the arcade for a bit, but I refused to spend more than 1 dollar so I played some shooting game against Vic cuz she kept asking me to. It was quite embarrassing actually, I wasn't even looking when Rach and Kester were playing plus a whole lot of people were betting we'd lose within a minute.
Fine, to be fair, it was quite fun but I have no concept of point and shoot, and everyone else pwns me in shooting. Though I wasn't as bad as Vic's slander made me out to be lor, I only killed about 2 hostages and for the rest of the time I was just pointing at them and trying to figure out where the action button was.
We took a bus to Bryan's house next because the lucky guy's got a pool table in his condo. Unfortunately, the pool table was taken, so we all went upstairs to his house to watch Mr Bean and play random card games. I totally forgot how to play bridge from the last time Xinyuan or somebody taught me, so I just sat there being extra and terrorizing everybody with my copy of Tilting Our Plates To Catch The Light. I don't get why everyone was so horrified at it, it's just a book! And it wasn't THAT explicit anyway.
Then we played Monopoly until we (Vic and me) had to go home. It was kind of amusing.