Friday, June 13, 2008
111th post.
Heh I just watched the film for The Phantom Of The Opera.
I don't get why Christine likes Raoul more; the Phantom loves her so much, and in any case she was still torn between Erik and Raoul even at the end. The Phantom declared his love for her ("Christine...I love you") and she had to force herself to turn away and go back to Raoul.
It's a bit amusing how she keeps getting alternately frightened off and mesmerized by the Phantom though. She keeps falling in love with him whenever he sings to her, like in the mirror scene, the boat scene (Phantom Of The Opera), the watery lair scene (Music Of The Night) and the Don Juan Triumphant scene (Point of No Return).
It was really sad and sweet when she sang All I Ask Of You to Raoul and they keep Frenching throughout the song, and when they left the Phantom picked up the rose Christine had dropped and sheds tears over it while singing All I Ask Of You (Reprise) ("He was bound to love you when he heard you sing, Christine..."), then shreds the rose petals in anger.
OH AND THE LAST BIT. When Christine kisses the Phantom, it's so romantic and way better than all the kissing she did with Raoul. And his surprised happiness is so touching.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!
I think Gerard Butler is way too hot to play the Phantom. He's supposed to be this ugly freak, not some guy who had third-degree burns on his face and who still looks darned cute as long as he has the mask on.