Friday, June 20, 2008
Gosh today was so tiring but fulfilling.
First lesson was HCL, but Chenlaoshi just came in dumped worksheet went out so duh nobody did the worksheet. I think we ended up playing the bottle game or something. BOTTLE GAME FTW :) Grah Hannah can so do the Throw Version and I
can't. Nobody in OG2 could do it, though, except maybe Jiashun but we didn't ask.
Then recess, and cooking. I wasn't actually in a pretty good mood today, but at least it wasn't a snap-at-other-people mood. Think it was the better time management we had today, and my cool partner who fried the egg
and put so much pepper in that I could smell it before tasting it even though it was supposed to be my job whoops.
The nasi lemak was nice, and we are Health-Conscious People because our nasi only had 1 tablespoonful of coconut cream instead of 2 heh.
Somewhere at the end of the lesson Xinyuan took out her notebook thingy and we were talking about poetry. It's actually okay to leave room for interpretation when writing a poem, but I don't think it should get to the point where people just read it and go all "HUH WTH IS HE/SHE TALKING ABOUT LA" and then they'll dismiss it as (quote borrowed from Xinyuan) 'an impenetrable wall of words'.
Wasn't poetry meant as a form of communication in the first place? But if people can't understand it, the point is lost. Cheemness isn't necessarily good.
Anyway we had assembly next. CO, drama then dance? I wanted to watch LD's performance, but we kind of gave up because it was a choice between getting seen by everyone offstage and being able to watch or keeping inconspicuous but missing the show. Oh well. Dance was...well. But I admire the dancers' professionalism; some of them were looking quite sian backstage but they didn't show it on stage at all. When they finished their performance they looked sian again. :/
Phototaking was fun heh. "1, 2, 3, jump!" "Yayyyyy."
Then we stayed back to eat lunch, but Audrey/Peilin/Ruth dears went to eat at SUBWAY, the horror :O
Oh and I think Lz Sindhu Verna and I had a lot of exercise today, we were walking around the school :D