Sunday, May 4, 2008
Double posts today since I didn't post yesterday.
--
I think I have just made the biggest scientific discovery of all time.
I found out why my dad has so many acne scars.
See, everytime I do the dishes, I always get quite irritated by my mum's habit of leaving grains of rice on her plate. I can take 2 or 3 grains being left behind, but not 10 OR 20 GRAINS. That's waaaay too much to wash down the drain, so I need to waste time scooping them into the dustbin. Like hello, I thought not finishing food is a kiddy thing?!
Anyway, there's an old wives' tale which states that girls who don't finish every single grain of rice will get POCKMARKED HUSBANDS.
And since the red strings of marriage are already tied in heaven long before the couple is born, that must mean that my dad didn't have a choice in the matter - he HAD to marry my mum since it was his destiny.
But my mum doesn't finish the rice on her plate, so it must be that everytime she left rice on her plate, my dad's pimples got worse until he DID become pockmarked!
(Actually, his pimple scars aren't that bad if you look at him, but his skin is worse than a normal guy's.)