Sunday, March 30, 2008
Yay RGSRCY (:
Even though traddance didn't win anything, I'm sure everyone had a lot of fun randoming around during the almost-daily practices right?
(Lol anyway we weren't expecting to get into finals in the first place. Hello, like all the rest were almost PROFESSIONAL DANCERS?!)
Okay so I got to school abit late for normal FA duty standards and we set up a base because most yearmates weren't free to do duty and all the FA-ers were traddance people heh. Aud and Lz then went off to do something illegal near the squash court toilets. I then replaced Lz, but since I'm deathly scared of fire (now the whole world will know the extremely malu-ating reason why I almost failed the outdoor cooking section of OA bronze; it was partially because I kept throwing the matchstick onto the ground everytime it burned my finger a little bit), Audrey's poor finger had to suffer again D: Then we were relieved of our task, so we went off to practise traddance and put on makeup.
MAKEUP TOOK SUPER LONG KAYS. I was one of the last to get makeup, except for the self-sacrificing Sara who was our only makeup artist and therefore wasn't able to apply makeup earlier.
Then group rehearsal or something, and finally chionged to foyer. Halfway through I met Vic who wanted my Oheyas or something, but she stopped and went "OMG YOU LOOK WEIRD." Lol. Then we ran and ran in our dance shoes (which have no proper soles and therefore were practically only cloth coverings for our poor feet, which ached by the time we got there) to RELC.
Waited for ages before we got to do the rehearsal, before realising that we only had to do about 20secs of dance. Lolll.
We went back and waited some more before the real thing started; before that we kept encouraging each other shakily and that Audreyzhengyi was behind me and I could practically HEAR her nervousness, which just made me feel shakier. Sheez.
We were one of the first to finish performing, which was good because we got to sit on nice comfortable chairs to watch the rest of the items for the next two hours. I think some yearmates even got to catch up on sleep during the _____ :D
Actually, I was quite happy about yesterday's dance because it's one of the best we've done, throughout the 3-4 months that we've been practising. I still screwed up my ribbon, but apparently I untangled it from my hairstick so fast and smiled so widely throughout that everyone I asked said they didn't notice a thing. Yay me.
I think we were quite lucky to be able to perform on the same stage as all these pro people, because really, they either had really good teachers,
professional help, talent or terribly punishing practices.
After that was washing up and unit dinner! Sara couldn't find her shoes for awhile and looked really worried. We have the same shoes in different sizes, so I think (and she thought too) that I could've worn the wrong pair of shoes to the canteen. My feet must've shrunk though; how did I manage to fit into her tiny shoes?!
Unit dinner at RamenTen was quite fun, Ruth and I both ordered the "Big Bowl" (means more soup and noodles, I think) versions of our ramen. Mine came highly recommended by the restaurant according to the menu; it's called Scallop Miso Ramen or something. I didn't know there was MSG inside the soup and drank it all up cuz I was thirsty. I just got thirstier yay. And yearmates didn't know that the service charge wasn't included in the price listing, so we all had to pay alot more than what we thought :/ Poor Yingxin got it worse; she had to calculate who paid what.
Then Van and me had to leave early (early meaning 9pm), because despite my supposedly not having a curfew (there IS no point putting me on a curfew because I don't even stay out that late normally), my mum was beginning to SMSnag me.
Anyway, well done RGSRCY for ArtsFest'08! :DD